Friday, January 14, 2011

Rosey Cheek Girl

Today I had plans to meet up with my friend, Amanda, who lives in Lawton, OK. We planned to meet in Wichita, have lunch at our fav spot, Cheddars, then do a little shopping. I haven't seen Amanda for quite some time now and she is moving to Georgia in May. I was so excited that both of our schedules finally allowed for us to get together! And then our plans came crashing down when I read this....




Emma started running a low grade fever Wednesday night and had a runny nose. I attributed it all to teething. When I got home from work yesterday, Emma was sleeping. My sister watched her yesterday and she told me she wasn't feeling well for most of the day. When she woke up, she had the rosiest cheeks and the poor baby was just burning up! I took her temp and it was 102.4. Out pops the Tylenol and she took a bath. You couldn't tell that she was sick, she was just as happy as ever...until bed time. We fought trying to get her to go to bed for about an hour. Around 11:30, she woke up for the first time, then about 1:45, and again at 3:30. I tended to her every time because Doug had to work today. I tried everything, rocked her, slept with her in the guest room, everything! When she finally went to sleep at 3:30, she slept until 9:15. Her fever stayed down until the medicine wore off and it would spike back up to 102.4.


Against my wants, I cancelled my plans with Amanda and made Emma a doctors appointment. Gotta take care of my girl! Dr. Helen says she has Strep, not good news. Today, she has not been too much fun to be around. :( I don't like having sick babies! She didn't want to nap at ALL, unless I was rocking her. She made herself throw up because she was so upset when I put her in bed. Overall, she just wanted to be held all day. I can't blame her, I know I always wanted my mommy when I was sick. And still do to some extent.  Nothing replaces mommies when we are sick. I started her on her antibiotic today and I am hoping that it kicks this strep stuff to the curb, quick, fast, and in a hurry!


Until next time...please say a quick prayer for her recovery!


P.S. I am enjoying blogging everyday. I wasn't sure at first but it is nice to just write what I want. It is almost like my daily stress relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment